Learn how to connect with potential customers, overcome any doubts they might have and win them over. A copywriter has the power to influence what actions people take next. Packed with practical tips, and backed up by tried-and-tested techniques, this course will give you all the tools you need for a successful career in copywriting.
Who is this course for?
- Recent graduates and college leavers who want to start a copywriting career
- Publishing company employees and freelancers wishing to hone their skills
- Publishers returning to the industry after a break
- Specialists from other disciplines who want to move into copywriting
- Career-changers seeking a flexible and interesting career in copywriting
- Professionals working in related areas with experience in PR, marketing, advertising or journalism
- Editorial and publishing assistants and managers
- Marketing and communications: those with a marketing, publicity, social media or digital content role – executives, officers, managers
- Freelance copywriters wishing to improve or refresh their skills
What will you achieve?
- Write effective copy with greater confidence, whether working in- or outside publishing
- Take your copywriting career in a more creative direction
- Deliver simple solutions to common copywriting challenges
- Launch or relaunch your freelance copywriting career
Effective copywriters need to be equipped with a whole range of tools to help them capture and hold the reader’s attention. Unlock that toolkit and use it to connect with your target audiences and broaden the range of copywriting tasks you can handle, including fiction and non-fiction cover blurbs, press releases and newsletters.
What is it about a book blurb that gets a buyer to the checkout? Every day, millions of people go through this process in bookshops or on the internet. As a copywriter you’re in a powerful position to influence what they do next. With a few well-chosen words, you can help them to see the magic on offer.
What are the key benefits to you?
- Convenient and flexible – study from home, in your own time, at your own pace
- The support of a personal tutor at every stage of assessment
- Gain all the tools you need for a successful career in copywriting
- Packed with practical tips, backed up by tried-and-tested techniques
- Opens up career opportunities to be a professional writer in PR, marketing, advertising, corporate communications, internal communications or journalism.
- Entry into the CfPE’s Freelance Finder, used by publishers when looking for a qualified copywriter who is trained to a high standard