An introduction to the roles, functions and terminology involved with marketing in the publishing industry. This course is designed to enable those new to marketing to understand their role and learn how to spend time and resources effectively.
An Introduction to Marketing provides an overview of the function of marketing within the publishing process both internally and externally, and a look at the types of activity carried out in a marketing department. There is particular emphasis on marketing’s role supporting the sales teams and book retailers.
- Publishing marketing: an overview
- The 4 Ps of marketing
- Working with retailers
- Working with a sales team
- Talking to consumers
- Digital platforms and GDPR
- Measuring effectiveness
At the end of this module you will:
- Understand the context and structure of the marketing activities and roles within the publishing world
- Understand the key marketing strategies and typical departmental functions.
How does the course work?
There are eight modules. Each module has detailed explanations of the relevant areas of marketing in publishing, and quizzes for self-assessment. Finishing all sections of each module leads to your completion certificate being issued.